Saturday, December 14, 2013

Overexposed Trends of 2013

All these trends flooded the stores and blogs and were everywhere we turned!

6. Flower Headbands
This is a trend that I didn't jump on the bandwagon for because I thought they looked ridiculous. The small flower headbands were fine but when people started wearing huge and obnoxious flowers on their heads...that crosses the line! I'm so over seeing these!

5. Tennis shoes
This year it seemed everyone whipped out their old converse they wore in middle school. I don't think this is a bad trend but it's definitely one that was outplayed.

4. Maxi Skirt/Dresses
I love maxi skirts and dresses. I think they're so beautiful and flow so nicely. However, they were everywhere! I couldn't go somewhere without seeing a maxi skirt/dress. I'm not tired of seeing them but they definitely were an overexposed trend this year.

3. Brandy Melville
Most of the world didn't even hear of Brand Melville until this year because the hipster trend was huge. I follow quite a few fashion bloggers and all they talked about was this store and every item they bought was from this store!  Without a doubt, this trend of going to/talking about Brandy Melville was overexposed.

2. High Waisted Shorts
No one can disagree that high waisted shorts were EVERYWHERE. People were wearing them, buying them and even making them. Yes, they're very stylish but they're very hard to pull off if they aren't fitted properly to your body. If they're still around for next summer, I hope I don't see them as much.

1. Crop Tops
It's obvious why this is number one for the most overexposed trends of the year. I couldn't go somewhere without seeing someone's mid drift. You would think that this was a seasonal trend but NOPE. Even as we are approaching winter, crop tops are still around. I'm sick of this trend because I've seen it wayyyy too much.